Our Financial Management page is split into three sections. These are as follows:
- 'Guidance and learning' is a list of resources and webpage which host tools to help you manage your finances.
- 'Support organisations' links to organisations who do in-depth financial skills and services support. Please be aware THCVS does offer a range of training around financial monitoring, best practice in financial management and systems, and compliance with industry standards around finance (see PQASSO Training).
- 'Templates and tools' which is where you will find a template to help you plan for full cost recovery, as designed by Big Lottery Fund and a guide to full cost recovery developed by THCVS and CAP.
Guidance and learning
VolResource's finance section is a great sign-posting page for a large range of financial management tools and resources.
Sayer Vincent's Made Simple guides are clearly written and cover a range of financial and legal issues.
The finance guide from the Centre for Charity Effectiveness and Cass Business School covers financial management, financial strategy planning, and income generation from the viewpoint of charities. It is concise and very readable.
The CFDG document library (and their site generally) is a treasure trove of useful information.
Civil Society magazine's Finance Section is useful for updates and news related to charity finance.
- CASH online provides people with the basic financial skills needed to run successful charities and voluntary organisations
- Charity Finance Directors Group is a charity that works with finance managers to ensure best practice in charity finance,driving up standards and ensuring every pound given to charity works harder.
Templates and tools