This seminar is aimed at trustees of charitable organisations operating in Tower Hamlets. It will suitable for both long serving board members and newer, less-experiences trustees and those interested in being a trustee; we hope to have a mixture of experiences in the room so that the group can learn from each other.
It will cover:
- Roles and responsibilities of charity trustees
- Understanding your governing document
- Oversight and reporting
- Sharing issues, concerns and successes
By the end of the session participants will:
- Have a clearer understanding of the roles and responsibilities of charity trustees
- Know how to check that their organisations are currently acting in line with their governing document, and will have a greater understanding of how and why they might decide to adapt their governance arrangements to adapt to new circumstances, issues or needs
- Have an increased understanding of oversight and risk management in the context of trusteeship and will be able to describe some of the ways they might scrutinise and report on the work and finances of their organisations
- Feel more confident about their ability to fulfil their trustee roles effectively and will know where to go to access further support and information
The seminar will be guided by those present and can be followed up with one to one advice sessions if necessary.
5 Thrawl St, Spitalfields
London, E1 6RT