As part of the Tower Hamlets Voluntary and Community Sector (VCS) Strategy, Tower Hamlets Council has committed to co-produce their new Grants Policy with local VCS groups and community members. During this process, THCVS is asking as many people as possible who might be affected by, or who might want to apply for small grants to get involved. We need your experience and ideas about:
• What should be funded through grants rather than commissioning
• What works and what could be improved on under the current small grants programmes
• What the criteria for awarding grants should include
This event, launching the co-production process for designing the new grants policy with the council, will outline how VCS organisations and local people can get involved. We want to make sure that the new grants policy is fair and responsive to the needs of everyone in the borough. So everyone needs to have their say.
Come to get involved in this very important discussion about the future of grant funding (including the future of the event fund and other grants, but not mainstream grants), in order to build a framework that will work for you and the local people you work for. The Mayor will be attending and will present on the topic. We will also have light refreshments and time for networking after the event.
- Mayor's address
- LBTH Presentation: Setting the Scene - the future of grants in Tower Hamlets
- Designing the grants policy (THCVS - discussion and feedback session.)
- How to get involved (THCVS)
- Light refreshments and networking (6pm onwards)
To find out more about the Grants Co-production process please check our web page specifically on this issue. We will also be blogging and tweeting regularly as well as posting news as it happens.
Here is a link to the venue location.
11 Oliphant Street
London, E14 0GB