Voluntary Sector Children and Youth Forum
The Voluntary Sector Children and Youth Forum (VSCYF) acts as a meeting point where staff from voluntary sector organisations providing services to children and young people can come together and exchange views and ideas.
The Forum also functions as an opportunity for Tower Hamlets Council representatives to attend and present information relating to the latest funding developments and other initiatives, and to engage in dialogue with voluntary sector agencies.
Tower Hamlets Council funds the Forum. This funding pays for a VSCYF Coordinator, whose job it is to organise the Forum and represent Forum members.
Currently we are updating membership lists to try and make the Forum more accessible to a wider number of eligible groups who may wish to attend.
Become a member of VSCYF to:
- ensure you have up-to-date knowledge on safeguarding and other issues affecting children and young people
- keep up-to-date with and be supported with implementing local and national initiatives relevant to the children and young people you are working with
- network with and develop partnerships with other organisations working with children and young people in Tower Hamlets
- find out about funding, commissioning and training developments and opportunities
- feedback your experiences to LBTH
- inform planning for services and support for children and young people across Tower Hamlets
If you would like to know more about the Forum please contact Alex Nelson, VSCYF Coordinator, on 020 7377 0956, or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Agenda & Minutes
VSCYF Agenda 16/06/2011